A List of ICT Tools for a Modern Political Party
The International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance IDEA just published a list of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) tools. The Digital Parties portal was launched to help political parties evolve their infrastructure and become more effective in their democratic work. It contains a large list of ICT tools that are used by political parties around the world.
You can search applications by keyword, by political function or by technical function. Every application is described for what it does, how it is used, and which political party has used it before. The Portal introduces niche tools designed for political parties, but also presents apps which are already well-known to a broader audience from a different perspective – inspiring an innovative policy-oriented use.
Some examples of tools (explained more in depth in the portal):
- Agora Voting helps parties conduct secure, flexible, transparent and cost-effective elections online
- Alaveteli is an open-source platform for making information requests to public bodies
- Appgree facilitates decision-making and the development of ideas by allowing the equal participation of all party members
- BitCongress is a decentralized voting platform built with the same security technology as online monetary systems
- Blue State Digital Tools is a set of tools that can assist parties in data analysis, fundraising, communication and advocacy
- Five Star Movement Operating System is an Internal Party Platform that encourages active participation and direct democracy
- Hadoop is an open-source software framework for storing and processing of large data sets
- Öryggisventill enables public feedback on parliamentary proposals
- ‘The Planning Guide for Political Parties’ is a handbook that explains the relevance of digital tools and helps parties implement them
Featured image: Modified screenshot from digitalparties.org
The International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance IDEA just published a list of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) tools. The Digital Parties portal was launched to help political parties evolve their...