P-review 11 March 2013
Pirate Times Review
A regular review of some things that passed the Pirate Times by in the previous week and a preview of some events coming in the week ahead.
The winner of the Pirate Times February Quiz was Nofel Tani from PPBE. WE congratulate him and his prize is already on the way to him . A new Quiz will be held at the end of March.
The week in review 4 – 10 March 2013
- 4 March PPNO’s ISP was forced to withdraw bandwidth for the Pirate Bay because of content industry threats. The Pirate Bay then seemed to return from North Korea and the game of cat and mouse continues.
- 6 March Google released details of 1000s of requests for personal data searches. The company said the FBI is authorized to make such requests without warrants or disclosure to users.
- 6 March Johannes Ponader, the Political Leader of the German Pirate Party indicated he would resign his position in May at the Party’s Federal General Assembly
- 8 March On World Women’s Day the EU Parliament blocked emails containing the words “gender stereotypes” .
- 9-10 March 2 EuWikon The Germany Pirates held their 2nd European Finance Conference.
Some events that should be interesting for Pirates in the coming week
- 12-13 March Black Hat Conference 2013 where Pirate Party founder Rick Falkvinge will hold a keynote speach
- 12 March Reporters Without Borders hold a World Day Against Cyber Censorship
- 14 March Live streaming video broadcast from the office of Amelia Andersdotter.
- 16-17 March PPEU Programme Conference in Zargreb, Croatia