P-review 18 March 2013
Pirate Times Review
A regular review of some things that passed the Pirate Times by in the previous week and a preview of some events coming in the week ahead.
The week in review 11 – 17 March 2013
- 12 March The EU Parliament voted against a blanket ban on pornography on the net.
- 16-17 March PPNO held its national conference in Oslo.
- 16-17 March PPEU Programme Conference in Zagreb, Croatia
- 17 March International Day of Farmers Struggle from The Via Campesina, a peasant farmer organisation
Some events that should be interesting for Pirates in the coming week
- 20 – 21 March Conference Online Privacy: Consenting to your Future
About Andrew Reitemeyer
I joined the Pirate Party of Lower Saxony in Germany in April 2012, once I found out that non citizens were welcome to join and become active members of the Party. I joined the Pirate Times soon after it was started as a proof reader and am now an editor and author. Since then I have returned to my native New Zealand and joined the Pirate Party of New Zealand. Politically I come from the libertarian left and have, up to now, not regarded any political party as having a solution for the democratic deficit that envelops the world. With the advent of the Pirate Party, which truly embraces grass roots democracy, I have found a political home. The Pirate Times is a way I can contribute to furthering the Pirate Movement around the world. Skype: frithogar