P-REVIEW 20-26 MAY 2013 with Videos and Podcasts
Pirate Times Review
A regular review of some things that happened in the previous week and a preview of some events coming in the week ahead and a list of videos and podcasts that were published in the last week that are relevant to the World Pirate movement and are in English. See below.
The week in review 13 – 19 May 2013
- Wed 22 – Fri 24 May Economics and the Commons Conference see videos below
- Thursday 23 May International Conference of Whistleblowers in Serbia
- Saturday 25 May March Against Monsanto
- Sunday 26 May French overseas elections
Some events that should be interesting for Pirates in the coming week
- 31 May – 1 Jun Blockupy Frankfurt
- 1 June International Piracy Day
- 2 June Public Banking 2013, Funding the New Economy
Pirate related podcasts that were published in the last week
LSE podcast with Google’s Jared Cohen, Eric Schmidt discussing their new book – with wonderful dystopian tidbits like Google will give you control of your digital identity once you are dead.
Pirate Times interview with Maru Tomu from the Japanese Pirates
Pirate related videos that were published in the last week
TTIP in the EP
Pirate Party MEP Christian Engström vs. EU Commissioner Karel De Gucht on openness, transparancy and democratic process regarding the TTIP Trade Agreement between EU and the US.
#exile6e The Pirate Bay AFK Parts 1 & 2
Birgitta Jónsdóttir in Video from reSource 005: The Medium of Treason
Marina Weisband says why she is a Pirate
List of videos from the Economics and the Commons Conference
here is a sample