P-review 26 February 2013
Pirate Times Review
A regular review of some things that passed the Pirate Times by in the previous week and a preview of some events coming in the week ahead. This edition of P-review has been delayed due to the momentous news that came out of Sweden yesterday regarding The Pirate Bay.
The week in review 18- 24 February 2013
- 20-21 February 2013 Due to ongoing internal conflict in the German Pirate Party the leaders of two state parties have resigned and one has left the party.
- 20 February Cory Doctorow visited the California Pirate Party for their Pirate Hour video cast – “the Pirate Party is shifting the goal posts”
- 23 February 2013 Crypto partys were held in Reykjavík, Iceland and Massachusettes, USA. Lots of people learning OTR, Tor, PGP, Tails and more… Pirates serving their communities.
- 22.-24. February The Pirate Party of Switzerland held its Winter Congress in Aarau
Keynote speakers were Richard Stallman, Birgitta Jónsdóttir and Gerd Leonhard
- 24 February A Pirate tobogganing event in Bad Tölz, Germany
- 25 February The British Defamation Bill passed the House of Lords but this much needed reform is in danger of failing. It means anyone in the world can sue anyone else in the world for libel in UK courts. A PPUK press release gives more details.
Some events that should be interesting for Pirates in the coming week
- 26 February The date the Swedish Pirate Party must stop supplying internet access to The Pirate Bay avoid legal action. They have vowed to fight the action.
- 27 February We are all Greeks Now – solidarity with the people of Greece
- 28 February 18:30 CET – The second live streaming video broadcast from the office of Amelia Andersdotter. This time the theme is data protection in the EU
Featured image: by gerlos CC BY-SA