P-review 4 March 2013
Pirate Times Review
A regular review of some things that passed the Pirate Times by in the previous week and a preview of some events coming in the week ahead.
The week in review 25 February – 3 March 2013
- 28 February Whistle-blower Bradley Manning pleaded not guilty to aiding the enemy
- 28 February The second live streaming video broadcast from the office of Amelia Andersdotter.
UPDATE : This week the subject will be on why open access in researchand scientific publications is important to everyone.
- 28 February UK courts extended bans of web sites at the demands of the UK music industry
- 1 March Lego obtains interim injunction against Czech Pirate Party – World Trademark Review (subscription)
- 3 March The Canadian Government introduced ACTA
- 3 March The Swiss have voted for tough curbs on executive pay as called for by the Swiss Pirate Party
Some events that should be interesting for Pirates in the coming week
- 8 March International Women’s Day
- 9-10 March 2 EuWikon The 2nd European Finance Conference of the German Pirate Party
About Andrew Reitemeyer
I joined the Pirate Party of Lower Saxony in Germany in April 2012, once I found out that non citizens were welcome to join and become active members of the Party. I joined the Pirate Times soon after it was started as a proof reader and am now an editor and author. Since then I have returned to my native New Zealand and joined the Pirate Party of New Zealand. Politically I come from the libertarian left and have, up to now, not regarded any political party as having a solution for the democratic deficit that envelops the world. With the advent of the Pirate Party, which truly embraces grass roots democracy, I have found a political home. The Pirate Times is a way I can contribute to furthering the Pirate Movement around the world. Skype: frithogar