P-review 8-14 April 2013
Pirate Times Review
A regular review of some things that happened in the previous week and a preview of some events coming in the week ahead.
The winner of the second Pirate Times Quiz was David Arcos of Barcelona – PPCAT. The Pirate Party bottle opener prize is on its way.
The week in review 25 – 31 March 2013
- 10 April Third EU Citizens’ Initiative against water privatization
- 11 April A recording of a live video broadcast from the office of Amelia Andersdotter on the Data Protection Campaign.
- 14 April Croatian European Parliament Elections
- 14 April Protests across Germany against a law allowing authorities to demand passwords.
Some events that should be interesting for Pirates in the coming week
- 16 April – 3 June I am Bradley Manning Photo Event in Facebook
- 18 April Live streaming video broadcast from the office of Amelia Andersdotter.
- 20-21 April PPI Conference in Kazan, Russia
- 20-21 April Students for Free Culture Annual Conference – New York, USA
About Andrew Reitemeyer
I joined the Pirate Party of Lower Saxony in Germany in April 2012, once I found out that non citizens were welcome to join and become active members of the Party. I joined the Pirate Times soon after it was started as a proof reader and am now an editor and author. Since then I have returned to my native New Zealand and joined the Pirate Party of New Zealand. Politically I come from the libertarian left and have, up to now, not regarded any political party as having a solution for the democratic deficit that envelops the world. With the advent of the Pirate Party, which truly embraces grass roots democracy, I have found a political home. The Pirate Times is a way I can contribute to furthering the Pirate Movement around the world. Skype: frithogar