Pirate Times Review 01 – 07 April 2013
Pirate Times Review
A regular review of some things that passed the Pirate Times by in the previous week and a preview of some events coming in the week ahead.
The week in review 01 – 07 April 2013
- 01 April PPRU held their online Congress
- 03 – 7 April Birgitta Jónsdóttir from PPIS in New York drawing public attention to the plight of Bradley Manning
- 04 – April 404 Democracy not found Day was celebrated
- Live streaming video broadcast from the office of Amelia Andersdotter on the subject of digital freedoms strategy of EU.
- 06 April Pirate Con was held in Columbus Ohio
Some events that should be interesting for Pirates in the coming week
- 10 April Third EU Citizens’ Initiative against water privatization
- 11 April Live streaming video broadcast from the office of Amelia Andersdotter.
- 14 April Croatian European Parliament Elections
About Andrew Reitemeyer
I joined the Pirate Party of Lower Saxony in Germany in April 2012, once I found out that non citizens were welcome to join and become active members of the Party. I joined the Pirate Times soon after it was started as a proof reader and am now an editor and author. Since then I have returned to my native New Zealand and joined the Pirate Party of New Zealand. Politically I come from the libertarian left and have, up to now, not regarded any political party as having a solution for the democratic deficit that envelops the world. With the advent of the Pirate Party, which truly embraces grass roots democracy, I have found a political home. The Pirate Times is a way I can contribute to furthering the Pirate Movement around the world. Skype: frithogar