Pirate Times Review 25 – 31 March 2013
Pirate Times Review
A regular review of some things that happened in the previous week and a preview of some events coming in the week ahead.
The week in review 25 – 31 March 2013
- 27 March Document Freedom Day
- 28 March a video broadcast on the subject of e-Identification from the office of Pirate MEP Amelia Andersdotter.
- 31 March Bitcoin total value topped $1 billion
Some events that should be interesting for Pirates in the coming week
- 03 April Birgitta Jónsdóttir from the Pirate Party of Iceland travels to New York in support of Bradley Manning
- 04 April a live video broadcast by Pirate MEP Amelia Andersdotter from her homeland of Sweden.
- 04 April Birgitta Jónsdóttir will be speaking at Yes Lab
- 05 April Panel event in support of Bradley Manning
- 06 April Pirate Con
About Andrew Reitemeyer
I joined the Pirate Party of Lower Saxony in Germany in April 2012, once I found out that non citizens were welcome to join and become active members of the Party. I joined the Pirate Times soon after it was started as a proof reader and am now an editor and author. Since then I have returned to my native New Zealand and joined the Pirate Party of New Zealand. Politically I come from the libertarian left and have, up to now, not regarded any political party as having a solution for the democratic deficit that envelops the world. With the advent of the Pirate Party, which truly embraces grass roots democracy, I have found a political home. The Pirate Times is a way I can contribute to furthering the Pirate Movement around the world. Skype: frithogar