PPIS is Largest Party on Iceland for 6th Month

PPIS is Largest Party on Iceland for 6th Month

If there were elections in Iceland today 34.6% of the population would vote for the Pirate Party. This is the result from the  latest Gallup poll, a slight decrease in support for the Pirate Party of Iceland. However, it is still the second highest poll result they have achieved with the highest being last month at 35.9%.

The pirate party is currently slightly larger than the two current government parties together. The Independence Party (24.4%) and the Progressive Party (10.1%) have a total support of 34.5% (0.1% less than the Pirate Party).

This is the sixth month in a row that the Pirate Party has been measured as the largest political party on Iceland.

pirate party is measured as largest political party on iceland

You can read more about the Pirate Party of Iceland in our archive of articles.

If you would like to help The Pirate Party of Iceland remain the largest political party in Iceland you can join the efforts of creating Sunstone, an international Pirate Thinkthank.

Josef Ohlsson Collentine

About Josef Ohlsson Collentine

I'm a dual citizen (American/Swede) and try to integrate my reflections from a more global perspective if possible. I'm the organizational leader for Pirate Times and work actively to strengthen the pirate movement through this work as well as being the international contact for Piratpartiet (PPSE). Elected board member of PPSE for 2015-2018. If you would like to ask me something I speak English, Swedish and Spanish. Find me on the links below

All content is CC-BY if not mentioned otherwise. Please link back to us if using content.